Facebook →
Twitter →

What You Can Do

If You See a Problem on Lake Sammamish

First, if the situation involves apparent illegal activity, such as dumping into the lake or you feel it involves imminent danger to people, call 911 to report it.

If someone is operating a watercraft in an inconsiderate manner, call the King County Marine Patrol at 206-296-3853 or visit them on the web at the Marine Patrol website.

State Level

State Department of Ecology (DOE) – NW Region – 425-649-7000
To report spills, visit the website.



If you need to report an issue within the city of Bellevue such as a pollutant spill or flooding, please call the 24-Hour Emergency Response number for the City of Bellevue Utilities at 425-452-7840. They can get someone out there 24 hours a day, seven days a week. (after hours you may be asked to dial another number, but someone will be responding right away)


For utility problems (stormwater, sewer, and water) call Public Works Operations Department at 425-837-3470. During off hours this number is routed to Police dispatch . Utility crews are on standby 24/7.

If there are other code issues, such as illegal dumping, call Michele Forkner, 425.837.3107, Code Compliance Officer. Water quality issues will end up being referred to Public Works Operations or Public Works Engineering, depending on the nature and location.


To report a spill or for environmental questions or concerns, call the Redmond Environmental Hot Line at 425-556-2868 or visit their website.


For public works emergencies M-F 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, call city hall at 425-295-0500. For public works emergencies after hours, holidays and weekends, call dispatch at 206-296-8100.

Contact Your Elected Officials

It is tempting to think that a message from one person – you – can not make a difference in the vote cast by an elected official. It takes a little time and effort to do so, and people will make the contact only if they are serious about the issue. But that is exactly the reason it pays off! Politicians know if they receive a few inputs, they represent many, many more people with that opinion who did not take the time to contact them. Below is information on how to make a contact at all levels of our government.

Time saving tips:

  • When you want to send the same message to multiple people, draft it in a word-processing file and save it so you can copy and paste it into multiple messages. Include the subject and your address in the file, too.
  • The sites provided below are official government sites to the best of our knowledge. In the process of collecting the information below, a Google site called congress.org was found that makes e-mailing multiple elected officials much easier. However, there is advertising to put up with and other aspects that may offend people. Use at your own risk.
  • Note if you allow “cookies” to be placed on your computer, some sites will remember your zip code, and, therefore, who your representatives are.

White House

To contact the President and Vice President, visit the Whitehouse online comments page. For phone numbers and street address go to the Whitehouse general contact page

Federal and State House and Senate Representatives

Go to the district finder page of the State of Washington web site. Enter your address and click on “Find Your District.” The page that results provides both your State and Federal congressional district numbers and house and senate representatives. Click on the name of the person you want to contact and follow links to a phone number, street address or e-mail address.

State Governor

Visit the Governor contact page.


Contact information for King County Council members is available on the council website. Your council district number is on your voter registration card. You can also find it by following the instructions at the bottom of the page.



The e-mail for the City Council is council@bellevuewa.gov and for the City Manager Brad Miyake is bmiyake@bellevuewa.gov.
Phone and address are on the City of Bellevue homepage on the right side.


The e-mail for the City Council is citycouncil@issaquahwa.gov. The mayor, Fred Butler, can be reached by email at mayor@issaquahwa.gov. A list of the other Council members, and links to their details are on the city council member page.


The e-mails for the Mayor, City Council, and the individual Council members are available on the Redmond city council page.


The e-mail for the City Council is citycouncil@ci.sammamish.wa.us and for the City Manager is byazici@sammamish.us. The City’s address and phone numbers are available on their contact page.

Copyright 2013 • Save Lake Sammamish • Site Design by Adrian Tiliacos